Monday, November 29, 2010

When Wallflowers Dance.

The title of the book caught my eye as I scanned the large bookshelf.  I didn't even pick up the book. I have no idea what it is about, but the title has lingered in my mind ever since.

When Wallflowers Dance. Such a beautiful and simple title.

~~~

I'm sitting here.  My hair twirled in to a bun, hoping maybe it will curl just right this time when I take it down...doubtful.  And my bangs are falling too close to my green eyes.  I really should write hair cut on my to do list.

But oh this last week was long.  There was no time to think about hair cuts.  It was good, hard, emotional, long, and one big blur mostly.  

My birthday was Monday.  It was fabulous and celebrated the whole weekend, as all birthdays should be celebrated.  Thanksgiving was Thursday.  That was always my grandmother's favorite holiday.  And of course, black friday.  Mine and my mother's favorite holiday. :)

Since Thanksgiving was just a few days ago, I feel I should post a few things that I'm thankful for:

*Family who drive an hour and half away for my birthday lunch. And them declaring we should do it every year.
*Ninfaritas. 
*Laughing so you don't cry.
*Driving home late at night and smiling when you pass that park because it takes you back to that day better than a time machine.  
*Shopping at 3am.
*2.5 hour lunches.
*Friends who open up the car door, turn up the radio, and dance with me on the 7th floor roof of the parking garage in the middle of downtown all because the band was horrible on my birthday night.
*Wallflowers dancing.
~~~

<3 

PS...A sneak peek of my new website :)


No comments:

Post a Comment