Friday, November 12, 2010

The Edge.

I paused.

I knew I was at a crossroads.  I clearly saw the two paths ahead of me.  And I knew which one was the right one.  But I paused for just a few seconds.

In an instant I could see what my life would be like if I had picked one path.  It looked nice.  Good.  Stable.  It would have been the easy decision.  Comfortable and safe.  Very safe.  

The other path was full of uncertainty and unknown.  I couldn't even imagine what my life would look like.  This path might as well have been on the edge of a cliff.  

I could guess the consequences of each path. And I knew the right decision.

In my heart, I knew.  It was so clear.  But I paused.

Many people in my shoes would have picked the wrong decision.  I couldn't have blamed them.  A part of me yearned for the wrong decision.

It would have been so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment