Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I have been doing the YMCA wrong...

I know!

You are thinking really Brittney?! Honestly! How can you mess up the YMCA!?!

Oh but you can!!

So it all starts when I get a text from my friend asking if I would like to drive to Oklahoma (only about an hour and half away from us) to see KC and the Sunshine Band the next day to surprise her older brother (who just loves all those 70s and 80s hits).

Me, being up for any excuse to take a little road trip, goes of course!!

(I don't know much about 70s and 80s music, and couldn't quite honestly tell you any of KC and the Sunshine Band's songs...I'm much more of a country music girl)

Anyway, we tell him that we are going to dinner in Fort Worth and on our way to Fort Worth we make a little detour. :)  He was so excited, to say the least!!

It was on our way that my friend tells me that the Village People are the opening act!

In the intro of Destination Truth, the guy says "I've seen some unexplainable things and I've done some things I can't quite explain."

As we are dancing to Macho Man, this saying seemed all too fitting. (mostly the first part, than the second!) :)

So the last song the Village People sang was, of course, the YMCA.  At which point, they inform us that we have all been doing the YMCA wrong!

Apparently there is a wrong way to do the YMCA!!!  It is the M and the C when things start to fall apart.  If you would like see the right way to do the YMCA, go HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment