Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Meet Tara.

My old tennis shoes step on to that green baseball field and against my protest my eyes start to fill with a tear or two.



But I'm getting ahead of myself. 

First, I want to introduce you to a lovely young lady.  Her name is Tara.


This beautiful baby girl went to heaven after just ten short years with us.  

She loved playing baseball with her brothers so since she passed her amazing parents have held a baseball tournament in her honor every year.  


I believe the first year there were 28 teams.  206 teams participated this past weekend.



All the proceeds from the tournament go to the Tara Sawyer Foundation.  This foundation has helped over 1,000 children afford to play sports.   

But back to what I was talking about, what makes this year different from the rest is that they had a special needs buddy ball game. If I could only bottle up that enthusiasm and passion for life that was on the field that Saturday morning. 










1 comment: